Thursday, March 27, 2008

What a wonderful day

Ya know it is sometimes difficult to judge how your day is going to go. Well pretty much all of the time, there are always uncertainties and life just likes to throw you curve balls and you have to see if you can make lemons into lemonade. Well today I made lemonade.

We have 3 puppies left that I woke up to whining in their crate. We have sold all but 3 of them. They are like the 3 stooges and always in some kind of trouble. So darn adorable though that you can not get upset you just have to giggle at them and when you can no longer take the sight of your shoes running past you with puppies attached to them that are smaller than the shoe, time to put them away for a while and let them rest. This is my broom thief!!My broom is always on the go! Then to wake up to my little bitty who is plainly upset that all the other kids are at school and she has no one to play with, top that off with some snow which has just decided to not stop falling this year, I was prepared for a sour day. Then cool things just started happening. My little one and I decided to brave the elements and ventured out for awhile. That just improves ones mood just getting out of the house for a bit. Just the 2 of us. Then the kids started rolling in from school. Boo had a field trip with his class today to a movie on planets, a restaurant and then a book store. He was so excited about his trip and could not wait to fill me in on all the cool details. He bought some star wars books with his extra money I sent him and he is so incredibly proud of his books. Of course nothing is cooler in his eyes than star wars right now,except his dad, naturally. He is so funny. When he walked in the door and was telling me about his trip I asked him what he had for lunch. They went to a Chinese buffet and I was concerned he may not like that real well. He obviously had something chocolate on his face. He says "Well mom, I had pudding for lunch and I am saving the pudding on my face in case I might get hungry later." I laughed so hard! He was such a funny little guy before his autism starting rearing its head. I am so thankful for the little bits and pieces of him that I get back. He had the funniest little sense of humor and it is amazing that somewhere in his body it has been hiding all this time. I know this may sound weird but his autism diagnosis has really changed our family for the better. Not that it hasn't been really hard and the biggest challenge my family has ever faced but the opportunity to be able to take those little moments and cherish them. To know that somewhere in him, the old boo still exists. The whole experience I believe has made us a stronger family and I know has made my other children so much more compassionate. So anyway, John took us out to dinner tonight just because it was such a feel good kind of day, to a real restaurant with real waiters and no drive through speakers with real food and it all started with this....my lemonade. After all the begging and pleading with mother nature to hurry up already with spring and give me a break from the 5 kids with snow pants and boots and mittens. If I would have gotten my way, sure it would be so much warmer and the kids would be able to go outside and scream their little hearts out and ride bikes, but I would not have gotten this picture of boo getting off the bus in such a great mood that he wanted to catch snowflakes on his tongue.


Now I just need to convince him to button up his coat!!I certainly hope that you can enjoy your lemonade today. Sometimes the things that you worry about are so small when you can sit down with your own glass of lemonade, and know that it is all you really ever needed all along.To just enjoy your family and the curve balls and know that there are always small blessings along the way. I guess I can stop begging mother nature to hurry up with spring and let her take her ol' sweet time because apparently there are still moments to be enjoyed. 110 inches of snow isn't really that much right?

1 comment:

Destini said...

That is sooo awesome! I'm glad that you were able to see the joy and blessing amidst the chaos. Such good things to remember. I thank you for all of the encouragement you sent my way yesterday. My day did not start to improve until about 8 last nite, but all in all ended on a good note...my dog survived a 2nd mishap! We are all healthy!