Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Being a Mom

Well, as requested per my sister, I am making a list of things that I love about being a mom

* Watching the ecstatic look on my sons face when I tell him he acts just like his dad.....most definitely a compliment. He is Daddy's boy
*Little girl giggles....the are the cutest.
* walking in to my child's classroom...seeing their eyes light up telling all the other children 'thats my mom!'
*the big bear hugs at bedtime
*the sound of little feet running up and down the stairs on Christmas morning.
* watching my kids sleep
* eating dinner at the table with all of the kids, everyone excited to tell us about their day.
* The excitement of the first snowfall and the kids are so excited to build that first snowman.
* The sense of accomplishment That I feel with every I Love You.
* The refrigerator art that is always on display and always plentiful
* Turning on the radio and the whole family dances in the dining room
*watching them read their first book
*All the goofy smiles and faces when the camera is in action.
* When the kids want to surprise me with breakfast and I get a peanut butter sandwich. Only the best for their mom!
*My girls asking me to do their hair.
* Seeing my son grow and change and becoming healthier every day.
* Hunting with my son

The laughter....that is my most favorite part of being a mom is the laughter. We all know that it is not always calm and controlled and you will have tough days, but seeing your child's eyes light up and their whole face smiles and it just makes the whole world right.

2 comments:

Destini said...

Great list, I have to agree with everything on it! There are so many rewards for being a parent that you never really think about when that little stick turns pink. Thanks for being a great sister and mom to my nephews and neices! Have a GREAT day! Love you..

Destini said...

That would be a great sister to me, of course...