Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kids and Critters

We have way too many stray animals around our house....mostly cats. That is where our incredibly selfish kitty mittens came from



my kids relentlessly chased him as a poor scared WILD kitten until they caught him and kept him captive in Sissy's bedroom for who knows how long until we had discovered him living quite comfortably there. Well, my husband is a softy and told the kids they could have him, but no more hiding stray cats in our house. Well now that spring is in full swing around here, all of the stray cats that hang out in our shed, sneak in our garage and consume our dog food and walk all over my car and leave little paw prints in the night, are in mating season and my back yard seems to be the 'special' place.Yesterday, I looked in the back yard and there were 4 cats that didn't belong to us that were just hanging out. Two of them are seen on top of the little hill there ( on my husbands target range) and there is 2 more that ran behind the hill when I tried taking a picture.


So my kids being my kids decided to try and lure the cats to them so they can 'make friends'


In the photo above is Bean hiding behind a cardboard box. In front of the box was a bowl of food and water. Unfortunately for her, she did not catch herself a kitty but it sure kept her busy for quite some time.I took these from the bedroom window in our house as to not disturb the catch in progress. No animals were harmed in the making of this story, and thankfully we do not have any more cats yet!

1 comment:

Destini said...

How funny is that? I have 4 little kitties that they could have they would not even have to work for them!