Wednesday, February 27, 2008

To snore or not to snore

My husband has been gone for a couple days now. He is taking some classes to help him prepare for the changing technology for his job.
There has been so many times when I have had to wake him up from a sound sleep due to the fact he is snoring so loudly that all the neighborhood dogs are barking and howling. It can be just deafening.
So when the news came that he would be gone for a few days for his training I was sad he was going to be away but secretly thinking how much sleep I was going to get at night. I have grown pretty used to hearing the loud noises and am amazed every time I wake up in the morning that I have slept a wink at all. Well I must say I was wrong.

How could I be used to that awful noise? I laid awake thinking it was too quiet. I turned on the t.v. and still nothing. It has been 2 days and I am ready for him to come home.Do I really need that awful noise to sleep well?? It is amazing how easily one can adapt to things. When the babies were small one little whimper and I was out of bed, tripping on the dog to dash to the crib and now I can sleep better when my windows are rattling as my husband is soundly sleeping...emphasis on the SOUND!!

So lesson learned, I need my family at home all safe and sound and snoring. I am looking forward to the chaos when he walks in the door and the dog and the kids all fight to be the first one to greet him and steal the first bit of attention, the look on Boo's face when he pulls in the driveway but most of all the sleep!

1 comment:

Destini said...

I can so totally relate! I have the same trouble with my hubby. I'm so glad that he made it home safe and sound and that you were able to sleep last nite!